Saturday, June 9, 2012

Embroidery Attempt

It's early Saturday morning (I had coffee at 8:30pm...) and I've completed my first embroidery project! It's for my grandma, who's coming out in a few days. Her beloved cat, Socks, passed away and it's been pretty rough for her. I started with something small, just in case I made mistakes. It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. Now that I know I can do it, there are so many other pictures that I have in mind for more gifts!

I realized that it really isn't embroidery per-say, but I like it :)

I also need a way better way of storing my thread and needles! This could be pretty hazardous, but it'll do for now. Maybe that means another DIY? Any ideas?

Embroidery came to my mind as a rainy day project because apparently it's winter outside! The rain just won't quit in Vancouver! The radio stations refer to it as Juneuary, haha. At least it gives me a few extra days to wear my winter scarves that I love so much.

Tomorrow, or rather today, my moms and I go check out the venue for the wedding! Rob was googling, trying to find a campsite he liked a bit more than our original one, and I'm going to check it out as well. This one actually has cabins and a bit more open space, which will come in handy with the idea of renting some giant, white tents for the reception!
I also get to try on dresses! I figure that it's good for me to try on a bunch of different styles to see what looks good on me, and then I can go from there.

What sort of venue/theme was your wedding? How did you find your dress?

xo. Nicole

2 comments

  1. Why doesn't socks have any whiskers ? Lol

    ReplyDelete