Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bridezilla?


When I starting thinking about wedding colours, centerpieces, bridesmaid dresses, my dress, venues, and even favours, I had been called a "bridezilla." I'm not entirely sure why I was called one, as I'm not yelling at people or throwing fits. 
In my mind, a "bridezilla" is someone who is constantly yelling at everyone who is trying to help her/him plan the wedding, or is just so rudely bossing people around.
I also am not really sure why it has bothered me so much. 
I came across being called this name when I was thinking of venues and wedding colors and the date. I changed my mind quite a few times, but I don't believe it has affected anyone in such a drastic way that they feel the need to put it all on me and make it seem like I'm just some unruly bride. Why can't a bride change their mind a million times for one of the most important and wonderful days of their lives? So far, my decisions about changing colours, styles, venues, meals, etc., have NOT affected anyone.

So, fellow brides, I hope that if someone utters that word to you, that you do not take it to heart. It's YOUR day and you can do whatever the hell YOU want. 

I've also gotten a lot of feedback since being engaged, about how I'm "so young" and should "wait." In fact, the very night that Rob proposed, one of his friends told us that we were too young, while his other friends were saying their congratulations and such. Anytime someone tells me that I should wait a few more years, I want to tell them to shove it and ask them why they can't just be happy for us? I do respect the opinions of others, and many have stated theirs in a nice way where they are generally hoping that Rob and I are happily together for the rest of our lives. I know that they just want us to last, and are only giving us advice so that we do. It's just hard to take this negative feedback when I'm in such a happy, content place in my life. I don't want to hear people telling me I'm too young. If we feel that we want to get married, then it's right for us. 
If you and your boyfriend or girlfriend feel that you're ready to get married, then do it. 
[here]
Who cares what other people think? It's your life, and you can live it however you would like to.

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment