Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Julep || October

alamaxfield
It had been a couple months since I hadn't clicked the "skip box" option, as we've been trying to save every last penny for some big things happening in the new year, but I had to order my maven box for October! I was running low on my darker Fall colours, and they had some cool options for add-ons!
alamaxfield
I was most excited about the chevron nail stickers! I can finally do some nail art tutorials that include my favourite pattern. I also got an oxygen top coat, which I'm curious to try out. I received some free polish for adding on 3 items to my box.
alamaxfield
The box was definitely oversized for what I received, but my guess is that they just ran out of smaller ones for the month. I also didn't receive my box until October 22, and I contacted Julep on the 20th. They explained that they are no longer doing business with APC, as they've had nothing but complaints and APC never sent Julep any tracking codes for the boxes going in to Canada. That means I also didn't receive a tracking code this time, which had me concerned that they didn't send my box. They did, and Julep felt bad that my box was taking so long and processed a refund.

My box came the day after they processed the refund, but they said to keep the box on them. I promptly used the refund to order the November Maven box, as the window to order opened up 2 days later! I'm looking forward to the November Maven box!

If you're interested, there's an affiliate button to the right (it says "I'm an IT Girl"). If you click it, you and I both get rewards if you order a box! Your first box is free with the code "FREEBOX"!

xo. Nicole

6 comments

  1. This seems so cool! How did you find out about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for free nail polish, what a great company that they fix their mistakes like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julep? Oh heavens, another blog I think. It's been so long! haha

    PartyLite? I helped my sister in law out at a trade show, and they were one of the tables...Sarah was the consultant there. Since then, we've added each other on Facebook and she's always posting great deals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right?! If I go to their Facebook page, it's just people complaining about every little thing, but I've had nothing but AWESOME experiences with them, and I've been happy 99% of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THOSE CHEVRON STICKERS THOUGH. They are too cute. Sorry, been creepin' your blog! That deep blue polish looks like it's going to be excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha I love blog creepers :P I don't remember if I've tried the blue one yet, but it looks like it should be on my list

    ReplyDelete