Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Circle || Fall Favourites

I'm linking up with Kiki for The Circle link up. This month's theme is Fall Favourites! I've talked a lot about Fall and what I love about it, but I can't get enough. #sorrynotsorry ;)
alamaxfield
Pictures courtesy of Treasured Forever Photography and of my mother-in-law.

1|| Favorite fall fashion/clothing item? 
Definitely scarves! They keep me warm during the day for most part, and they can really make an outfit.

2|| Favorite fall drink? 
I've worked at Starbucks, and could never stomach the pumpkin spice latte. Maybe I can now, now that I'm no longer working there? Otherwise, it's a caramel macchiato!

3|| What's something on your fall bucket list?
I shared my goals a couple weeks ago, but I have yet to follow through with some of them. The snail mail goal is easy, but the gluten free pie crust is still stumping me.
alamaxfield
4|| Favorite fall recipe?
I tried making oatmeal last year, but that didn't work out. I don't think I have a recipe really, but breakfast for dinner tastes SO much better when it's cold outside.

5|| Halloween candy or Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Halloween candy, but I'll also go for a latte. Just not pumpkin spice.

6|| Favorite fall scent?
I love love love the smell of apple cider. That includes nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, etc.! They just smell so warm and cozy.
alamaxfield
7|| Favorite fall holiday?
Thanksgiving, and my husband's birthday. His is on October 12th, and Thanksgiving for us Canadians lands on the 13th. Woo hoo long weekend! It also marks 4 years of being together since our first date :)

8|| What is fall (weather) like where you live?
Oh my gosh, we've already had 2 days of snow and a couple frosty mornings. We've also experienced 29*C weather, and then snow the next day. I think Alberta just doesn't know what it wants to do during Fall. I don't think we really get one, as I hear the snow is coming soon!
In Its Time
xo. Nicole

5 comments

  1. Mmm...apple cider. Not only is it yummy but I adore the smell, too! And how did I not know you're Canadian? I've always wanted to go to Alberta! :)


    Also, can I just say how fall-ish your post is? The fire, the apple pie, the colors--it's all so cozy!


    p.s. Is that the apple pie that you made with your niece and nephews?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm is right! Now it's all I want, haha! I'm not sure, but it's not often even I come across Canadian bloggers. I wish there were more!

    I totally went for Fall, so thank you. I'm glad it looks cozy :)

    It's actually a caramel pear pie that I made in 2012! It was one of those Fall pictures, so I used it haha http://alamaxfield.blogspot.ca/2012/10/caramel-pear-pie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here for The Circle! :)


    #1 I cannot get over the weather that some people have been having this fall already! The snow just needs to CHILL. Onto the rest...


    Good luck with the pie crust! I hope that you get it. :) Baking is one of my favorite fall activities.


    I worked at a coffee shop in high school and college and I've never had a PSL either. Caramel mochiattos on the other hand are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you stopped by!


    I know, the snow is slowly on it's way! It was -1*C the other night, but felt like -5 with the wind chill. Ugh! I'm also looking forward to the snow, simply because my sister in law is taking pictures of my husband and I for our Christmas cards! haha after that, it can go away ;)


    I'm still working on it! I'll be sure to share the recipe, too.


    Mmm, I totally want a caramel macchiato right now..haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling! I stick with the song, as long as there's no place to go, let it snow, let it snow,let it snow. But we all know how long having no place to go lasts! ;)

    Can't wait!

    I settled for a salted caramel hot chocolate last night! I think it's time for a true hot latte!
    ~ Victoria

    www.myjourneyforhim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete