Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Embracing July

Having the Summer off is something that I look forward to again. Working in a school definitely has it's advantages, whereas working in retail doesn't really offer a whole 2 months to lay around and do nothing. The dogs are certainly enjoying having me around all day. 
alamaxfield
I've spent a lot of my days just hanging around the house, doing the odd little job. I have a big list of things that need to be done before I go back to work, but it's really hard to find the motivation to sand, prime, and paint when I could be laying on the couch watching Netflix. It really sucks when I finally do do a job, like painting the office, only to have one wall look like utter crap and have to redo it (note to self: sand drywall before painting). 
alamaxfield
I've been complaining about the length of my hair for a while now. It got so heavy that it would give me headaches when it was in a bun or a ponytail, and would get stuck in things when it was down. It was also pretty dead and would knot SO easily. For my birthday, Rob let me go spend all that $$$ to get my hair cut. I wanted it died a really light, ice blonde, but it didn't turn out that way. I'm going to get it done again before going back to work, I'm thinking bright purple or fire engine red! I'm in a love/hate relationship with my hair right now, too. I thought I wanted it shoulder length, but I wish I got it a bit longer. It hits my shoulders and curls outwards right now because of the length. Oh well, you live and you learn!
alamaxfield
We had a huge heat wave pass through a couple weeks ago, and now we're getting a bunch of storms. It was really nice to get rain, considering the agricultural disaster that was declared in Alberta. I used to love storms a lot, though I still somewhat enjoy them. Now I have a house, a husband, and our fur babes to worry about in the event of a natural disaster, so I always get some anxiety when I see clouds like the ones above rolling in. A funnel cloud touched down in Calgary last week (that's about 3 hours from my house), and a super cell 1km wide tornado lasted almost 3 hours in Manitoba (far from here...) last night. The prairies are being hit pretty good this Summer and it's only July.
alamaxfield
Spencer is fitting in just right here. Him and Gunner play each other out, and seriously love each other. It's like they really are brothers because they do snap at each other from time to time, but always turn it into playing again. We're having a hard time controlling his barking, so we're attempting to muzzle train right now. Our last resort is a bark collar, and we don't want to have to go there. He's a mom-suck though, always cuddling me! They're also like leeches. You can't walk around our place without both of them following you to see what's up. I love having him be a part of our family! 

This weekend, Rob and I are going camping to his dad's fiancee's lake lot about 2 hours from here. I'm pretty excited! I'm going to try to eat Whole30 style (kind of doing another round...more on that tomorrow!), but I know it's not completely realistic for me. I'm bringing wine and I've been craving a really good sandwich, you know, the kind with lettuce, tomatoes, and all sorts of condiments that totally aren't compliant on Whole30. This weekend also marks my Summer being half over, and it's bittersweet. I miss the routine of work and I'm looking forward to meeting all the new children in our classroom, but I'm enjoying the lack of stress right now.

Also, does anyone know how to make my sidebar picture NOT blurry?! I've tried everything!

Are you enjoying your Summer? What has it included so far?

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment