Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Simple Meatloaf

Hey there! Yesterday, I mentioned that I had made some mini meatloaves for dinner. I wanted to share the super simple recipe with you today! It's great for those lazy nights that you still want a decent meal without the huge effort. The Pinterest recipe that I drew inspiration from actually made double what it said it did, and I had to alter it to make it gluten free. 

I'll admit that the picture makes them look pretty gross, but they were SO juicy and tasty. They didn't hold together very well when we ate them, but I think that was because I used 2 eggs instead of a cup of bread crumbs.

I served with spinach salad (raspberry vinaigrette and reduced sugar Craisins) and mashed yellow potatoes. It was all pretty tasty, and now we have quite a few mini meatloaves for leftovers tomorrow night after my workout.

Mini Meatloaves:
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 2 eggs (or 1 cup bread crumbs)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup organic, gluten free vegetable broth
  • 2 tsp salt
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 450*F, and grease 2 muffin pans.
  • Mash everything together in a large bowl, preferably with your hands. 
  • Scoop, with a spoon or your hands, in to muffin pans, 3/4 full
  • In the oven for 15 minutes
  • Drain before serving
Enjoy!
xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment