Monday, October 1, 2012

Caramel Pear Pie

Okay guys, are you ready for this? I received a TON of canned pear halves and I had no idea what to do with them. I googled and googled until I came across this AMAZING recipe for Caramel Pear Pie! I promptly ran out the door last night and bought the limes and cinnamon that I needed for the filling. I'm currently waiting for the second pie to be done so that I can race off to the post office to pick up a package, then go to Rob's parents house for dinner.
I followed the recipe directly, except for the fact that I don't have a food processor. I cut the butter in to tiny little cubes before freezing them, and then just mashed the pieces up with some knives and my fingers when I added them to the flour mixture. A food processor would probably be better.
This is my first time making a pie EVER. I'm just glad that they came out looking like pies ;) My massive craving to make a pie this Fall has been satisfied. Is it weird that I only wanted to make one and not eat it? My mind has since been changed because our apartment smells heavenly and I just want to dive in.

Have you done any Fall baking?

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment