Thursday, October 20, 2016

Bumpdate || 22 Weeks!

alamaxfield
How far along: 22 weeks.
Gender: Girl!
Belly Measurement: K, so, I've changed this from Weight Gain to Belly Measurement because it's a huge (I hate using the word but...) trigger for me. It's hard seeing the number creep up after my almost 2 years of clean eating and exercising, even though it's a mixture of my uterus, placenta, water weight, breasts, etc.. I just don't think it's good for my mental health right now to focus on a number. My midwife agreed that it's best I don't weigh myself until around 37 weeks (for the hospital's knowledge just in case) and we will go by how I feel and my belly's measurement. I eat relatively healthy still and allow myself some treats. All that really matters is that my uterus and baby are growing according to my pregnancy. My body will also gain what it needs to gain for this babe. So, my belly is measuring 22cm as of 2 days ago, which is right on target!
Maternity clothes: Yep, definitely.
Sleep: Pretty good still. Getting 8-9 hours every night and down to 1 or 2 pee breaks.
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat at the midwife appointment.
Worst moment this week: Stepping on the scale at the midwife clinic but I'm ready to move on from that. 
Miss anything: Nothing off the top of my head.
Movement: Minimal, but hearing her heartbeat on Tuesday reassured me. She was moving around a lot after my 20 week ultrasound, then the past 4 days she moved maybe once or twice that I felt. I have an anterior placenta, so that may have a big part in it.
Cravings: It's random and if I smell something good, I want it. I can usually work past it and just deal with what I have in my lunch or what's in the house for dinner. 
Queasy or sick: Occasionally nauseas still. I'm weaning off my meds and usually only take the 2 pills at night.
Looking forward to: Halloween! My first Halloween with a baby bump :)

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment