While checking out today's events on Jessica's #jigglefreejanuary calendar, she added in that she does a link up with Lauren about 5 highlights from their week! I'm going to try her workout tonight, and right now I'm going to participate in the link up!
My top 5 highlights from this week!
1. Starting my new job! It's the end of my first week, and I love it! I am an Educational Assistant in an elementary school, so I work with students who have special needs. It's very rewarding. The first two days were SO exhausting, but I've got the hang of it now. I also enjoy evenings and weekends off!
2. On Sunday, I finally felt better and had a spurt of energy (my husband and I were both out with a horrible H1N1 or Norovirus) so I went grocery shopping and prepared 3 crock pot meals for the week, omelette bites for breakfasts, and prepared lunches! I love being that organized. My goal is to meal prep every Sunday. It also helps us out, because we're both up at 6:00am and don't have the energy in the morning to make lunches or breakfast. I'll share the recipes with you soon!
3. I haven't had a vehicle for what, a month now(?), and I was told this week that I will have one again on Sunday! My sister-in-law and her husband are fixing up a car that she crashed. I am so excited to have my independence back, and it is so so nice that family help us out in the ways that they do. I seriously don't know where Rob and I would be without them.
4. The amazing staff at the school are all so nice, welcoming, and understanding. I've carpooled with 2 so far and it has helped me tremendously! A taxi one-way is $40, so if I didn't get the opportunity to car pool, I'd be spending $80/day in taxis. I am forever grateful for my wonderful coworkers.
5. This weekend, we are babysitting Rob's nephews and niece and getting my car! It's going to be a fun weekend :)
What were your top 5 highlights from this week?