Monday, October 8, 2012

DIY Glitter Keys

So you guys know how I did a post on personalizing your keys with nail polish? Well, nail polish is a thing of the past. Say hello to Mod Podge and glitter! I came across a store that had Mod Podge for sale, so I scooped some up and then there was glitter right beside it. I don't think I've ever been more excited to use glue. 
1/ Grab a key, any old key. (I highly suggest something underneath to catch the glitter)
2/ Using a foam brush, paint on the Mod Podge to where you want glitter. 3/ Sprinkle glitter all over where you brushed the Mod Podge on.
4/ After it has dried, DAB a thin layer of Mod Podge over the glitter. This helps to seal it so the glitter doesn't come off. 
5/ There you go! You have your very own glittered key to use for whatever you use it for. 

None of the glitter has come off of it yet, so Mod Podge really works. I tried brushing it over the glitter the first time, and it all came off. Dabbing works a LOT better.

You may see more DIY's involving glitter and Mod Podge. I'm not done yet. I mean, there's a perfectly white Kettle sitting on my counter right now. It looks so boring...I'm just hoping Mr. doesn't notice if things suddenly go sparkly.

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment