Friday, September 16, 2016

Bumpdate || 17 Weeks!

alamaxfield
Again, no one to take the picture at 7:30 in the morning, so this is my makeshift selfie off a sugar jar on the kitchen counter to get a somewhat flattering angle, haha!

How far along: 17 Weeks 1 Day
Gender: Unknown - 3 more weeks!
Weight gain: 4 lbs total
Maternity clothes: I found I don't like the maternity jeans that I bought and I'm desperate for some that actually fit well. Hopefully I can find a cheap pair that can be my go-to. I also am down to 3 tops that fit that I can wear to work. I'm in need of a shopping trip quick!
Sleep: Hilarious. I've been sleeping really well but I've been apparently waking up and mumbling nonsense to Rob and getting all mad when he doesn't understand what I'm trying to tell him. The texts I wake up to from him explaining the situation are so funny! I've only had to pee once in the night, but I think that's from my lack of water intake (oops!).
Best moment this week: Seeing baby on the ultrasound for a quick 30 seconds at the hospital.
Worst moment this week: Oh boy. Well, I got hit with a nasty cold that sent me to the hospital because my old nausea meds stopped working completely. Then on Tuesday I woke up at 3am with a wicked headache that induced puking until about noon when Gravol stayed in me (as per hospital orders). Rob got laid off, so my maternity shopping is at a standstill until we know when EI will kick in or if Rob finds another job right away (but no one's hiring electricians :( )
Miss anything: Not feeling like puking, haha!
Movement: I think so...I say that because I think I felt a flutter and then the usual "jabs" at my bladder. It's not even squishy in there yet! I definitely think he/she is laying low and getting my bladder because on the ultrasound, it was having a freaking party in there and I couldn't really feel it. 
Cravings: Whatever I smell, apparently. A kid at work today had a poutine and now it's all I want. 
Queasy or sick: Yes. New meds are helping a lot, though the mornings are still iffy until I eat something and if I wait too long for my lunch break, then I feel queasy after eating.
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender in 3 weeks!

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment