Monday, December 3, 2012

December 2, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Today I went over to my mom's house to finish painting the ornaments that we made (and do laundry). I showed up just as she was finishing putting the tree up! My sister and I decided that the tree looked best with just the lights and garland, so we didn't put any decorations on. My mom did her regular snowman/silver/blue/white theme and I realized how I much I miss it. We turned on National Lampoon's Vacation and ordered take out while we decorated our salt dough Christmas ornaments!
I had such a good time painting the ornaments and spending time with my mom and my sister. I even made a chalkboard one! As this year is the first year that Rob and I have a Christmas tree (and in our own place!) my mom and sister gave me the ornaments that they decorated. 

When I got home, I promptly took our tree out of the closet and put it together. There are some lights on it, but oh boy was that ever frustrating to put together! I decided to make some peppermint hot chocolate (in my elf boot mug) and relax for a bit before bed. 

Rob's not in to decorating for Christmas and he just finished a 24 hour shift, so he's sleeping right now. I think I'll just get him to fix the tree tomorrow as it's a bit lopsided. I am just so excited for Christmas! Tomorrow is going to involve me finishing off some Christmas gifts and cleaning the apartment.

Link me some pictures of how you decorated for Christmas!

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment