Friday, November 9, 2012

The Inspection

Oh my goodness! My dress fit so nicely that I didn't want to take it off. Ever. I did notice that I need to cut down on the hash browns and add in a couple push ups every day, but that can happen. In the picture above are my Maid of Honor and one of my bridesmaids. Another bridesmaid, my sister, showed up a little bit later. We were waiting outside The Bridal Gallery (where my dress was) until they opened, and we weren't alone. There were two or three other groups of women waiting who seemed just as excited as we were! 
After we were done ogling my dress, confusing ourselves with styles of bridesmaid dresses, and deciding carrots would be what we would have for dinner, we had some Old Spaghetti Factory for lunch. I was in love with yesterday because I got to spend it with three of my favorite people doing one of our new found loves - planning the wedding. 
When everything was done and I arrived back in Surrey, my mother-in-law and I went to go check out the Chateau Cargill as a potential venue. We realized that the campground would just be too much planning and too much money after everything, so we're looking for something a little easier and cheaper. Apparently, this place is haunted (a couple reported faces appearing in their photos and the staff had plates thrown across the room), but it's an amazing deal for the ceremony. The only thing is that they charge ridiculous amounts if you want your guests to eat and drink and have fun at the reception. So much thinking!
One of the things about planning a wedding that I'm not fond of so far, is the stress. Why can't things just work out? Why can't I have enough money to hire a wedding planner or enough time to just do it all myself? I tell myself that it will all be worth it in the end. That's what I hear most brides say anyways. 
;)
I have another viewing of a potential venue in Langley tomorrow morning and it's girls night at one of my bridesmaid's apartment. I'm so excited!

xo. Nicole

2 comments

  1. So happy that the dress fits! I know how stressful that can be! I actually didn't get to try on my dress until 2 days before my wedding and I was crazy kinds of stressed until I got to put it on and see that it fit!

    Cannot wait to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally wanted to put pictures up but I'm too nervous Rob or my dad would see them :P

      A lot of people tell me it really will be worth it in the end, and I believe it, I just wish it wasn't this much stress haha
      xo

      Delete