Monday, August 8, 2016

My First Bump Post || 11 Weeks!

Seriously disregard the crappy photo and mess of a bathroom counter. I'm going to force Rob or my grandma into taking real photos of me (with my iPhone of course, because that's all I own) with a chalkboard for next week's!

How far along: 11 weeks
Gender: Unknown - I think it's a girl, Rob thinks it's a boy
Weight gain: 2 lbs
Maternity clothes: Not yet. I tried jeans on Saturday night and that was a no-go. Leggings ftw! 
Sleep: Most of the time it's okay. I'm getting up more often to pee in the middle of the night, and I heard it only gets worse. This past week, I've wanted to sleep all day but before that I would be wide awake at 4am, listening to Rob snore until his alarm went off at 5:45. 
Best moment this week: Finally getting to hear the heartbeat! Before that I had had no reassurance that this thing was alive, other than my symptoms.
Worst moment this week: Puking. A lot. I had to pull over on the highway to puke for 15 minutes. The other day I couldn't even keep water down until I had a 4 hour nap. My nausea went away for a solid 5 days only for it to come back full force. I'm on day 2 of minimal nausea and no puking again, so let's hope it stays away this time!
Miss anything: Not being nauseas all day, eating Whole30, and running. I know they say to not stop what you're doing and to continue everything as normal when you get pregnant but that's a lot easier said than done! I didn't plan to stop, my body forced me to by making me eat every hour, only specific things, and making me pay for it if I didn't. I've heard the second trimester is a lot better, so I'm aiming to start walking/jogging again and eating a hell of a lot better too.
Movement: None yet. The apps tell me it's doing somersaults and everything in there, though I have yet to feel anything but gas ;)
Cravings: Fruit like blueberries, raspberries, mandarin oranges, and strawberries. Pasta most of the time. Booster Juice is my new thing. I wake up craving the pomegranate passion, it's so tart and sweet! It helps me nausea stay away too.
Queasy or sick: Definitely. The nausea and puking kicked in at 5 weeks 4 days, and since then I've only had 7 days of minimal nausea and no puking. It's all worth it, and I don't want it to sound like I'm complaining because we've waited long enough for this! I'm on day 2 of a stretch with minimal nausea, so let's hope that stays.
Looking forward to: Seeing my bump grow into more than just bloat. The picture above is from yesterday and I realized I just couldn't suck it in anymore. I'm also looking forward to our first ultrasound on Thursday morning! 


No comments

Post a Comment