Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Lately

So far, my spring break has been so relaxing! It's a bittersweet time because it's time off, but I'm also not paid for that time. My step mother is a manager at a drug store and is doing me a huge favor by letting me work a couple days. We're both helping each other out in that way. 

Saturday morning, Rob and I took Gunner for a walk to Starbucks. The weather is slloowwwlllyy getting warmer, which I'm excited for! I've never been a fan of summer, especially the heat, but I'm looking forward to all that day light and taking Gunner outside more. 

I forgot how fast nail polish chips compared to salon gel nails! I'm still using my favorite nail polish, Julep! I have a basket of different kinds of polish, but their colors are so nice and it goes on usually with only one coat. This color is called "Nellie." It's super girly and spring-y, so I love it! It's probably going to get chipped like crazy today, so I'll be sure to share the next color I choose ;)


Since moving to Alberta, Rob and I have mostly kept to ourselves, except for the occasional visit with family. It's been wonderful to finally be so close to most of our family, but boy oh boy, do we ever miss our friends. We haven't meant to be homebodies but our jobs are exhausting and the weekend is usually time for us to catch up on errands and sleep. This week was a bit different for me, though! A friend from work came over on Wednesday night to bake some gluten and dairy free banana bread, and she came over again on Sunday for a yummy living room picnic. We completed our picnic with some David's Tea, pink lemonade to be exact. It was delicious! It tasted even better in my new mug.

On Friday morning, Rob, Gunner and I are off to Canmore for a little relaxation with his dad and sister. I'm excited for relaxing, but it means my spring break is almost over! Rob's mom and stepdad are coming from BC on Saturday, and I can't wait to see them on Sunday. So many things to do and see, and so little time!

How was your weekend?

xo. Nicole

No comments

Post a Comment