Friday, January 26, 2018

January Favourites || A Link Up!

alamaxfield

Make sure you check out each of these ladies' blogs for their January favourites! 
Add your favourites to the comments below, too!

Oh hey, it's a post that isn't 100% centered around Abiageal. That's weird. ;)

But really, I miss blogging. I miss sharing everything with you. Mostly, I miss the community and connections that I made when I was really in the swing of things and posted 2-3 times a week. I've joined a Facebook blogging group with the idea that I'll find inspiration to post, but to be honest, it's all about finding, or making, the time to create. I'm certain that I can stick to a monthly blog post, haha! So here goes!

1. Favourite place I went this month:
We didn't go anywhere this month, but I did go to my friend's house for our Christmas gift swap and brunch. That was fun!

2. Favourite recipe I made:
Last night's dish, for sure! It was totally not healthy, but it was comfort food night. Rice, gluten free pasta, tomato sauce, canned corn, an onion, spices, ground beef, and LOTS of cheese on top. It actually turned out really well for something that was thrown together so last minute and didn't contain any vegetables. Definitely will make it again, and try different variations of it.

3. Favourite outfit I wore:
I haven't worn anything fancy, but being back at work makes me appreciate how comfortable my pjs are, haha. It's my favourite!

4. Favourite book/show/movie:
 'm currently reading The Virgin Cure a page or two at a time because I fall asleep after that. It's really good though and I really like it! I'm just trying to figure out this whole mom thing while working full time again.

5. Favourite kid's item:
Abiageal's baby book from Lucy Darling. It's so cute and really easy to keep up with! I really recommend these baby books to anyone who asks.

6. Favourite beauty/skincare product:
100% my BeautyCounter day and night creams. They smell good and make my face feel so refreshed. I can also wear them knowing that I'm not putting so many harsh chemicals on my skin.

7. Favourite date night: 
Well, our last date night was on New Year's Eve. We went to Original Joe's for dinner then Rob went home and passed out (still recovering from night shift) while Abby and I went to a party for a couple hours.

8. Favourite cocktail/mocktail:
My favourite mocktail is actually a Whole30 recipe! The rosemary berry splash. Raspberries, rosemary, lemon, and sparkling water. So good.

9. Favourite Target find:
We don't have Target in Canada anymore, but I did find some discounted leggings from Simple Addiction. $4! I'll let you know what they're like when they arrive.

10. Favourite activity:
Seeing Abiageal when I get home from work. So cliche, but it's the best feeling!

11. Favourite restaurant/food:
My favourite food this month has been my smoothies. They keep me going at work until I can have a break, and some days it's a couple hours until that can happen. I've also been adding some chia seeds and unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead of coconut water.

What was the best thing that happened to you this month?

xo. Nicole

2 comments

  1. Oh how sad!! No Target in Canada? How do you survive!? haha That Rosemary berry splash sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally had it for a little while and it was great to stroll through the aisles, but they could never keep the shelves stocked and it always looked under construction. We also did get the same products as the US and obviously the prices were higher here. It seemed like a great idea, but it just couldn't hold up :(

      It is really yummy! It was my favourite during my rounds of Whole30. A weird combination but they pair so well!

      Delete